Experience that will last a lifetime.
All admitted applicants in grades 5-11 are reviewed by the Scholarship Committee for potential merit scholarships.
Nominated students may be asked to submit supplemental materials and to complete an on-campus interview.
– The Kimbrell Family Scholarship –
An academically competitive scholarship for students in grades 5-11 who demonstrate top academic and civic accomplishments. Recipients typically have nationally normed test scores in the 90th percentile or higher and/or an unweighted GPA of 3.5 or higher. The mission of this scholarship is to bring the area’s brightest students to Gaston Day School.
– The W. Duke Kimbrell Scholarship –
The Duke is Gaston Day School’s highest honor covering 100% of tuition. Qualified applicants in grades 8-11 are invited to apply for this prestigious award. The Duke recipients must demonstrate:
- scholarly accomplishment that clearly demonstrates a record of academic excellence
- high moral fiber and significant involvement within one’s family
- strong inclination to lead with evidence of courage, unselfishness, and concern for others
- demonstrated interest to use one’s talents, as evidenced by participation in the applicant’s community and/or hobbies