Gaston Day School is committed to a strong financial assistance program. As such, the school seeks families committed to making education a top priority in the lives of their children. We actively pursue students from a broad socioeconomic range; however, we also expect each family to meet a fair portion of the cost of an independent school education.
We provide numerous resources to ensure a Gaston Day School education is within the grasp of all deserving students. Candidates for financial assistance should be aware of the required guidelines and procedures.
Tuition and Fees for 2016-2017
Pre-School (half day): $4,550
Pre-School (full day): $5,880
Pre-K (half day): $5,300
Pre-K (full day): $6,625
(Contact Gaston Day School for international student tuition information.)
Financial Assistance Guidelines and Procedures
1. Prior to receiving financial assistance, each applicant must apply for admission, complete the admission screening process, and receive admission to the school. The admission and financial assistance process may occur simultaneously; however, no award will be made until the student has been offered admission.
2. All applicant families must complete the financial assistance application online at SSS. You will also need to send copies of your most current year's
W-2 form(s) and Federal Income Tax Return directly to SSS. Please allow 3-4 weeks for your application to be processed. Faxed or copied applications will not be accepted.
3. Financial assistance decisions are made on an on-going basis beginning in the spring of each year and continuing into the summer until funds are depleted. Financial assistance applicants will receive notification of the assistance award by mail.
4. Once enrolled, financial assistance recipients must fulfill the following to be eligible for renewal:
- Must maintain a positive relationship with classmates and teachers.
- Must maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- Must display exemplary conduct.
- Must actively participate in school related activities.
While not an explicit requirement for assistance, active involvement of recipient families in the life of the School is strongly encouraged.
If you have any questions or if you need additional information regarding Gaston Day School's financial assistance program, please contact the Office of Admission at 704.864.7744 ext. 174.